Product Support - Installation with Screws
FOR LOUVER AND RAISED PANEL SHUTTERS USING SCREWS
1. Lay shutter face up on a clean, soft, flat surface, preferably a piece of plywood, for drilling purposes.
2. Measure 2 inches down from the top and up from the bottom of the shutter and in the center of the rail. Drill a ¼ inch diameter hole through the rail. In the rail, on each side of the center, drill a ¼ inch diameter hole in line with the holes in the tops and bottoms and the middle of the center cross member. SEE FIGURE
3. Position the shutter on the house next to the window.
4. Using a punch or other suitable marker, mark the mounting hole locations on the building.
5. Remove the shutter and drill a 1/8 inch diameter hole through the siding and into the wall at least 1¾ inches deep at the marks.
6. For Vinyl and Aluminum siding, using a ¼ inch diameter bit, drill a clearance hole through the siding only. Do not drill into the wall.
7. Place shutter back on the house and fasten it to the wall using the painted head screws provided. Be careful not to damage the head of the screw and not to over tighten the screw which will dimple the rail. We suggest using a hand screw driver rather than a power driver or drill.
8. Repeat this process for all remaining shutter panels.
Note: The mounting screws should go through the shutters and into the building. If mounting shutters on a brick building you must use masonry anchors for a #10 screw. Follow the anchor manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
THE SHUTTER MUST BE MOUNTED WITH 6 SCREWS, IN THE POSITIONS SPECIFIED IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS, IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE VALID!