Product Support - Installation – BNB Closed
Tools required are: Electric drill, 1/4 inch drill bit, 1/8 inch drill bit, Phillips screw driver and if you are installing these on a brick or masonry building you will need to purchase masonry anchors for a #10 screw.
For Wood, Vinyl, and Aluminum Siding: (See illustration for location of components)
1. Lay shutter face up on a clean, soft, flat surface, preferably a piece of plywood, for drilling purposes.
2. Drill a ¼ inch diameter hole through the horizontal rail in the center and 1 ¾ inches from the edge. Repeat on all horizontal rails on both sides.
3. Position the shutter on the house next to the window.
4. Using a punch or other suitable marker, mark the mounting hole locations on the building.
5. Remove the shutter and drill a 1/8 inch diameter hole through the siding and into the wall at least 1¾ inches deep at the marks.
6. For Vinyl and Aluminum siding, using a ¼ inch diameter bit, drill a clearance hole through the siding only. Do not drill into the wall.
7. Place shutter back on the house and fasten it to the wall using the painted screws provided. Be careful not to damage the head of the screw and not to over tighten the screw which will bow in the rail. We suggest using a hand screw driver rather than a power driver or drill.
8. Repeat this process for all remaining shutter panels.
Mounting Instructions for Closed Weave B&B Shutters
For Brick or Masonry: (Using anchors) (See illustration for location of components)
Follow above instructions except that you will need to drill the hole size specified by the anchor manufacturer into the wall instead of the 1/8 inch hole and install the anchors prior to mounting the shutter.
Note: The mounting screws (3 1/4") should go through the shutters and into the building. If mounting shutters on a brick building you must use masonry anchors for a #10 screw. Follow the anchor manufacturer’s instructions for installation.